Monday, April 25, 2011

Egg Salad Sandwich Monday

I really enjoy the Monday after Easter. It's the time when all has settled and I am left with baskets o' plenty and eggs stuffed with dollar dollar bills ya'll. I get to stock pile my favorite Easter thing which is Cadbury eggs. I had this convo with my sis- in- law yesterday at Easter dinner on how people eat Cadbury eggs differently. I am the "bite a little off the top of the egg and pinky finger scoop the insides out, leaving just enough around the inside edges so with each delicious chocolate bite of egg, I still have a little filling. She tongues the filling out then eats the egg. How do you eat your Cadbury egg? Can you buy Cadbury eggs when it's not Easter? How do I live all year without them? I have collected 7 since yesterday, I actually found one on the floor yesterday and I looked around to make sure no one was looking and scooped it up. Like when people see money on the ground and they look around and then nonchalantly put their foot over it for a few seconds before picking it up. That was me with the egg.
I had the typical "I am Jewish so explain the whole Easter bunny, eggs, how this all ties in" kind of thoughts. Funny, because my sister had the same thoughts. We googled it, there is no real explanation. Cool.

I think Avery had enough of Easter by last night. She seriously went on about 5 egg hunts and when she found the golden egg with the dollar in it, I was so excited for her! So what does she do instead of investing it so we can turn the $1 into a million? She trades her dollar bill for ONE YELLOW STARBURST! She was so excited about the yellow candy starburst. I sat down and had the "value of a dollar" talk with her. Not a good trade Av. Of course the kid that traded with her was laughing all the way to the bank.

We found over 7000 plastic eggs and about 50 hard boiled eggs. Albert's mom sponge painted each one, they were so pretty.
Each one was bright and beautiful. Sorry Av but I turned these beauts into lunch....
And that is how Egg Salad Sandwich Monday was born. So I kicked back today, watched my favorite show, ate egg salad and licked my pinky finger raw getting all the cadbury cream from my fingerprints.
Avery stayed home with me today because she wasn't feeling good but she doesn't know her Easter is now in a bowl mixed with mayo, olives, dijon mustard and paprika. I'm thinking about charging her a dollar for one of my Egg Salad sammy's, just to teach her a hard lesson.
My favorite show in case you didn't know. Thanks to my friend Bonnie for letting me know it comes on TVLand in the middle of the night. So I set my DVR and this morning I had 5 episodes taped! I mean, I have all the seasons on DVD but it's fun to watch it from TVLand.
Our friend Jessica and Craig live in an awesome house with awesome property so Saturday morning they had an Easter egg hunt and the bunny made an appearance. Avery was a little unsure. It's because she's half Jewish, I'm sure.
Another favorite thing of mine, Avery's little stinky feet in my flops.
Happy Egg Salad Sandwich Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment