Monday, March 28, 2011

Wal-Mart- A Non Scientific study

We went to the beach this past weekend and on the way there I realized I forgot bug spray. Yep, I now bring bug spray to the beach after the island bugs feasted on my olive tan skin in St. Thomas. They feasted like Fat Joe likes cake. Going to the beach for us isn't your typical "throw some crap in the car and be done with it". It's mood swings, bullshit we take that we don't need, snacks like we're leaving the country and going where no food exists, and when it's all said and done this is what takes place in the car.

 Avery wraps herself up like a Muslim because she's bored and insists on making these weird sounds just to annoy me. Riley wears her new Wal-MART $2 mask the whole way there because it's "too sunny" in the car.  I am, of course, signing songs (to myself) to try and create the carefree beach memories and I turn around to see the above. FAIL.

Let's get into the Wal-Mart vs. Target thing that I know most people think about. I remember being just as embarrassed to say I bought something at Target as I did Wal-Mart. Now, I scream from the roof tops that I bought this as Target and still embarrassed to say I bought it at Wal-Mart. Wait, let me rewind, the only item of clothing I ever bought at Wal-Mart was a Gaither t -shirt I saw. Sorry, call me a snob but Wal-Mart sucks.

Well, Wal-mart kind of sucks. You can get some pretty good deals and if you find a clean Wal-Mart like the new one off of 41, it's not bad. So we pull into a Wal-Mart off of Gunn Hwy to pick up bug spray and some cheap pool toys and Albert sends me in solo (with my bathing suit and cover up on, you can imagine). I step in and soak it all in....the smell, the people, the lines, the people. The massive amounts of people there on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Like these people couldn't wait for their work week to be over so they can hit the Wal-mart on Gunn Hwy.  You've seen the emails that go around about the "people of Wal-mart" notice how you never see that about Target. I just googled "people of Wal-Mart and 32,000,000 things popped up. There is even a book from Amazon you can buy!
http://www.amazon.com/People-Walmart-Shop-Andrew-Kipple/dp/1402250711
In case you want one for your coffee table.

When did Wal-Mart turn into a one stop shop? You can shop for your groceries and John Deere toys, pick up a Subway sandwich then go sit and get a mani/pedi at the salon and if you forgot that you don't have enough cash for a tip, that's ok because attached to the Wal-Mart salon is now A BANK! What the hell? Now that you're all pretty and had a good lunch you should hop on over (by the entrance of the store) and get some pictures taken of you and your family, you know for the Wal-Mart book.

 (They would make a cute couple)

Target is just fun, you can walk and sniff the smell of popcorn and know by the end of your shopping trip you will be at least $100 in debt on fun things you don't need. You will have the silver or gold pair of flip flops that everyone will have this summer and you laugh because when see those flip flops on someone you will think "ha, she got those at Target and I have them in gold". You know you do it. You will buy a Gilligan O Malley nightgown because it's the softest thing your skin has ever felt. You will pick up some $4 mix and match play clothes for the kids and then hop on over to the seasonal section for the latest and greatest spring plates and cups. You will think "do I need this?" You don't but they're on sale for $1.29 so you get 6 just to feel satisfied that you bought fun stuff at Target.

Holla if you hear me.....go ahead and google just the word Target and hit Images. Then do the same for Wal-Mart. It proves my point.

4 comments:

  1. Did you know my sis-in-law (Taran's) cousin started People of Wal-Mart? He sent her an autographed coffee table book and everything. There is a fun fact for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!!! I would like her autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. at my Walmart there is a couple that come in every Monday night, the guy is not hetero-sexual.
    they plug their iPod into the demo stereo in Electronics turn it way up and start singing and dancing like it was High School Musical live! lol!

    ReplyDelete